Do you want to be a part of something NEW and EXCITING? All across the nation mental health agencies are working to improve crisis services and awareness of suicide prevention. Locally, Portage Path Behavioral Health is expanding their emergency services to better serve our community, make services more accessible and decrease stigma. We are hiring team members to make this change happen! Consider joining us if you’re motivated, hardworking, and interested in making a difference in our community!
Certified Peer Support Specialist will have the opportunity to:
· Promote improved functioning in the community through direct-care peer support services.
· Determine the level and type of services for individuals served.
· Demonstrate the ability to recognize when there is a need to consult with the clinical staff/supervisor.
· Assist individuals served in articulating personal goals for recovery.
· Collaborate on development of self-sufficiency plans with individuals served.
· Teach problem-solving techniques.
· Appropriately self-disclose the skills, supports, strengths, and resources effectively used during personal recovery experience.
Certified Peer Support Specialist will have the following:
· Must have Ohio Peer Recovery Supporter Certification.
· Experience in crisis services and substance abuse field is preferred.
· Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills required..
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: Multiple locations