I agree that as a condition of applying for and, if offered, accepting employment at Portage Path Behavioral Health, I will be subject to the Company's policy regarding substance abuse. Specifically, as a condition for consideration of my application for employment, I agree to undergo testing for prohibited drugs and/or alcohol. I further understand and agree that if employed, as a condition of my employment, I will be required to submit to testing for drugs and/or alcohol under the following circumstances:
- I am discovered using, possessing or distributing prohibited drugs or alcohol in violation of the Company's Substance Abuse Testing or Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
- I am involved in an on-the-job accident that results in injury to me or any other individual which requires medical treatment, or which results in damage to Company property.
- I commit an unsafe act that endangers the lives or safety of other employees, clients or other individuals or endangers Company property.
I understand that the purpose of the drug/alcohol testing is to determine or rule out the presence of prohibited substances in my body for performance and safety reasons. I understand that if employed, as a condition of employment, if I refuse to comply with the company substance abuse policy, I will face disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Prohibited drugs are defined to include:
- Controlled substances including, but not limited to: amphetamines, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, cannabinoids (marijuana), cocaine, phencyclidine (PCP), opiates; methaqualone.
- Prescription drugs which have not been specifically prescribed by a licensed physician, prescribed for the employee, or are not being used for or in the manner prescribed.
- Over-the-counter medications which are not being used for or in the manner recommended.
I understand that once I am an employee of Portage Path Behavioral Health and should the results of the initial drug/alcohol screening be positive, I may request that confirmatory testing be done by the Company's designated laboratory at my expense. If the confirmatory test is negative, the Company will reimburse me for the cost of the confirmatory test.
I understand that pursuant to Company policy, the Company may search me and my property if reasonable suspicion exists to believe that I have violated the Drug-Free Workplace or Substance Abuse Testing Policies. As a condition of employment, I consent to all such searches.
I consent to and authorize Portage Path Behavioral Health and any physician, laboratory, hospital or medical professional retained by Portage Path Behavioral Health to both conduct such testing and to provide the results to Portage Path Behavioral Health. I release Portage Path Behavioral Health, their employees, agents, contractors and successors and assigns from any liability whatsoever arising from the request to undergo drug/alcohol testing, the testing procedures and any decisions made concerning continued employment based upon the results of the tests conducted.