The Outpatient Clinician is an exciting New position at Portage Path Behavioral Health as a result of a recently awarded grant. The “Here for You” project will strengthen our community’s ability to provide care for indigent, low and moderate-income residents, minorities, and vulnerable populations who are experiencing mental illness and addiction. This position is a full-time temporary position expected to last 2 years from the date of hire, with a strong likelihood of continuation for a candidate with exemplary performance. This project will look to establish, strengthen and sustain referral pathways and new community locations to gain and retain minority and disadvantaged clients so that they can receive high-quality patient-centered outpatient services, trauma-informed screening, assessment, diagnosis and patientcentered treatment services. The Outpatient Clinician will report directly to the Here for You Project Director, and functions in a peer relationship with other clinical staff members. The Outpatient Clinician may seek out assistance from any of the foregoing staff members regarding unique needs presented by a client, and will respond to requests for assistance from peers and other staff. In return, any staff member may supply information and assistance to the Outpatient Clinician. The Outpatient Clinician coordinates their activities with outside agencies involved with the client treatment teams, case managers, families, guardians, advocates, and a variety of referral and helping agencies.
Outpatient Clinician – Responsibilities:
- Ability to assess, engage and treat clients in individual therapy.
- Effective caseload management and documentation skills, within agency guidelines. Ability to facilitate group therapy.
- Willingness to engage in agency initiatives.
- Participates in multidisciplinary teams.
- Coordinates services internally and with outside agencies, treatment teams, case managers, family members.
Outpatient Counselors – Requirements:
- Candidates must have at minimum a Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work, Counseling, or a Ph.D.
- Be licensed by the State of Ohio to diagnose and treat mental health and co-occurring substance use disorders.
- Ability to work at least one evening per week.
- Dual licensure in social work, counseling, or psychology and chemical dependency is a plus.
- Must possess strong clinical and communication skills.
- Must working knowledge and expertise in Evidence-Based Practices.
- Salary will be commensurate with licensure and experience.
Outpatient Counselors – Benefits:
- STD & LTD
- Life Ins.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
Portage Path Behavioral Health is a dynamic organization that offers a vibrant working environment, with competitive salary and generous paid time off. Portage Path Behavioral Health also offers a rich array of benefit options, including major medical, dental, and vision, plus a variety of supplemental insurance options, including a robust retirement program. Multi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.